Opening an account with ING
Who is ING?
Do you have a branch where I can speak to someone about opening the ING Savings Account?
What is the process to open the ING Savings Account?
- You need a mobile phone with a camera. For the list of compatible devices, please refer to the list in the ING Mobile App.
- Have the following ready:
- A government-issued ID (e.g. Driver’s License, Unified Multi-purpose Identity Card (UMID), Passport)
- A proof of address which indicates your name and present address (e.g. utility bill)
- Your signature on a piece of plain white paper
- Ensure that you have a valid Philippine or international mobile number, and a valid e-mail address
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download and install the ING Mobile App (“ING Bank PH”)
- Follow the steps in the ING Mobile App.
A stable data connection is required when opening the ING Savings Account.
What are the requirements to open the ING Savings Account?
You need to:
- be at least 18 years old;
- be a resident of the Philippines;
Resident refers to:
- individual Filipino citizens residing in the Philippines;
- Individuals who are not citizens but are a permanently residing in the Philippines who are owning an original ACR I-card identification document;
- Individual Filipino citizens who are Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs);
- Individuals who are Filipino national diplomats, peacekeeping and other military personnel and other civil servants employed abroad in government enclaves as well as members of their household.
- Resident refers to:
- have at least one valid Philippine government-issued ID (e.g. Driver’s license, Unified Multi- purpose Identity Card, Passport);
- have a Philippine present and/or permanent address;
- have a valid Philippine mobile number; and
- have a valid e-mail address.
Is there is a minimum amount to maintain the ING Savings account?
Can I open multiple accounts?
Can I open a joint account?
I am U.S. tax resident. Can I open the ING Savings Account?
Please consult your legal or tax advisor if you require more info.